As we respond to God’s call, we use two Scripture passages as a starting point for the work we are doing:
“When the Lord saw that he had turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then he said, “Come no closer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” Exodus 3:4-5 (NRSV)
“The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood.” John 1:14a (MSG)
The Guiding Principles:
- We will work as a community for the community.
- We will listen for, identify, invest in and celebrate the gifts in the community.
- We will partner with local organizations, churches and individuals.
- We will be open to the workings of the Spirit, as it molds us to a new life in Christ.
- We will be open to change & thinking out of the box.
- We will work to bridge divides, toward healing, freedom and justice.
- We will explore what are important ways community can experience a sacred space and a deepening of their faith.
- We will be thoughtful about our rituals, aesthetics and ethos.
- We will have quality music, preaching and programming.
Vision: A community that experiences in word and act God’s radical love, hospitality and reconciliation.
Mission: Be willing to be transformed by God’s Spirit and testify of this work throughout all of the M.O.T. area.